If you want to plan a fun learning activity for kids this fall, here are 20 Thanksgiving internet scavenger hunt questions you can use.
These questions are great for using with your kids at home or in the classroom at school if you’re a teacher.
We’ve also provided a free printable worksheet with all the questions on, as well as all the answers – keep reading to download a copy.
Here’s how to organize it:
- Thanksgiving trivia questions worksheet (see below)
- Computers with internet access (or phones / tablets)
Give all the kids a copy of the worksheet and a pen. Explain that their task is to go online to find answers to all 20 questions.
The winner is the first person to answer all the questions correctly.
List of Questions
Here’s the list of 20 questions about Thanksgiving along with their answers.
Beneath this list is a printable worksheet – please feel free to print as many copies as you need when organizing this activity.
** IMPORTANT: There are two pages on this worksheet. The first page should be given to the kids – the second page has the answers, so make sure they don’t get a copy of that too! **
- What date will Thanksgiving Day be in 2018? November 22
- Which President signed a joint resolution of Congress to change the date that Thanksgiving Day would be celebrated? Franklin D. Roosevelt
- What is the name of the lady who is credited with helping make Thanksgiving a US national holiday? Sarah Hale
- In what month is Thanksgiving celebrated in Canada? October
- What are three other countries that celebrate Thanksgiving? Any three of Japan, Netherlands, Germany, Liberia, Norfolk Island and Grenada
- What does the President do to a turkey at Thanksgiving? Pardons it
- In what year was the first Thanksgiving celebrated? 1621
- How long did the first celebration last? Three days
- What was the name of the ship that the Pilgrims traveled over on? Mayflower
- What are the names of two colonists who gave eyewitness accounts of the first Thanksgiving? Edward Winslow and William Bradford
- What was the name of the leader of the Wampanoag tribe who helped prevent the Pilgrims from starving? Massasoit
- What are three common ingredients of candied yams? Any three of sweet potatoes, marshmallows, brown sugar, molasses and syrup
- What are male turkeys called? Toms
- What are female turkeys called? Hens
- What temperature does the FDA recommend cooking a turkey to? 165°F
- Which store presents the New York Thanksgiving Day parade? Macy’s
- In what year was the first New York Thanksgiving Day parade? 1924
- What two NFL teams always play on Thanksgiving? Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions
- How are most cranberries harvested? The beds they’re grown in are flooded, then a harvester is used to remove them from the vines.
- Germany is a country that celebrates Thanksgiving. How do you say ‘thank you’ in German? Danke
If you liked this idea, check out all our other Thanksgiving scavenger hunt activities where we have loads more ideas, riddles and printable lists.