If you’re a Christian and interested in some Bible scavenger hunt clues to use at church, you’re going to love this idea!
We’ve produced a list of 15 clues based on scripture that you can find below. This activity then has two parts to it:
- The first challenge is for the kids or youth to answer all of the missing sections by looking up the passages in their Bibles
- Once they’ve answered all of the clues, they have to go and collect each of the items
The first team / person to collect all of the correct items is the winner.
To make this scavenger hunt even easier for you to organize for the youth group, beneath the list of questions is a link to a free downloadable worksheet. This contains all of the same questions published here, but means that you can save it down for future use and print it off as many times as you like.
The worksheet consists of two pages – the first page has all the clues with one word missing – this is the page that you’ll give to all the players. The second page is for you to use (or whoever will be running the activity) as it includes the answers.
Things To Note
To make this scavenger hunt a little harder, we’ve only included the book and chapter of the Bible – not the specific verse!
All of the clues and answers are based on the NIV translation of the Bible. If you’re going to be using a different version, check in advance to ensure that your translation will give the same answers.
15 Bible Scavenger Hunt Clues
1. Jeremiah 17 – They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its _______________ are always green. Leaves
2. Isaiah 1 – You will be like an oak with fading leaves, like a garden without _______________. Water
3. Matthew 26 – Then he took a _______________, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.” Cup
4. Proverbs 20 – The glory of young men is their strength, gray _______________ the splendor of the old. Hair
5. Job 14 – My offenses will be sealed up in a _______________; you will cover over my sin. Bag
6. Deuteronomy 32 – Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new _______________, like abundant rain on tender plants. Grass
7. 1 Samuel 4 – When he arrived, there was Eli sitting on his _______________ by the side of the road. Chair
8. Psalm 40 – He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the _______________ and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Mud
9. Matthew 5 – And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your _______________ as well. Coat
10. Luke 14 – And whoever does not carry their _______________ and follow me cannot be my disciple. Cross
11. Daniel 7 – The court was seated, and the _______________ were opened. Books
12. Genesis 6 – So make yourself an ark of cypress _______________; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. Wood
13. Job 37 – The breath of God produces _______________, and the broad waters become frozen. Ice
14. Deuteronomy 27 – Build there an altar to the Lord your God, an altar of _______________. Stones
15. Isaiah 40 – The grass withers and the _______________ fall, but the word of our God endures forever. Flowers
If you’re looking for other activities to do with young people, check out all the youth group games on Youth Workin’ It.